Baltar will know who I chose (for old times' sake), and it guessed Tony Iommi, which is not correct but is damned close.
It figured out "Richie Blackmore" in twenty questions. I'll try something more obscure next.
I was (duh) thinking Blackmore but it guessed Iommi. It had no clue whatsoever about Bananarama. I'm bored now.
I stumped it on the lead singer from Rasputina (Cregar) and John Popper (Blues Traveler), but it got Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine) in 17. I'm bored too.
Hah! I beat it with Kliph Scurlock too.
Here's a good one:
Q30. I am guessing that it is Rick Springfield?
Right, Wrong, Close
29. I guessed that it was a saxophonist? Wrong.
28. Were you popular in the 60's? No.
27. Are you on a well-known record label? No.
26. Do you appear in movies? Yes.
25. Can tickets be purchased to see you? Yes.
24. Are you living? Yes.
23. Did you die an untimely death? No.
22. Did you have a Top 40 hit in 2005? No.
21. Have you had a Top 40 hit in the last 5 years? No.
20. I guessed that it was Howie Day? Wrong.
19. Have you had a Top 40 hit in the last 10 years? No.
18. Are you known for wearing black? No.
17. Do you appeal to children? Yes.
16. Are you a group? No.
15. Do parents know about you? Yes.
14. Are you a lead singer? Yes.
13. Do you lead a group? No.
12. Do you perform Pop? Yes.
11. Do you wear makeup? No.
10. Do you play Alternative music? Yes.
9. Are you good-looking? Yes.
8. Were you popular in the 90's? No.
Were you born before 1975? Unknown.
7. Do you play electric guitars? Yes.
6. Are you played with a plectrum? No.
5. Were you popular in the 80's? No.
4. Are you more than one person? No.
3. Do you perform Rock? Yes.
2. Were you popular in the 70's? No.
1. It is classified as Person.
Geez, I stumped it with Magic Dick. I don't think he's obscure at all, but of course he lives about ten miles away from me.
Stumped by Annabella Lwin? Weak! Flummoxed by The Buzzcocks? Unconscionable!
I'm done with you, so-called artificial intelligence!
OK, I tried the movie one, and the last guess it gave me was "Are You Kadeem Hardison?"
I was thinking, as usual, about Akira Kurosawa.
Its kung fu is weak. However, it is learning from us, so some kid is going to go on there looking for Howie Day and get the Flaming Lips, so we might be doing a service after all.
yeah, it flailed and gave up (in a string of guesses) on andrew bird. but then that's not really surprising. when i searched it, it had no listing for him. to be fair, at Q18 it did guess sufjan stevens, which was probably its best guess out of the ensuing eight or ten flails (my favorite -- buckethead).
binky, i think you identified a serious problem with its AI -- you indicated in the above exchange that you were a person, yet in question 6 it asked whether you were played with a plectrum. aside from the fact that i don't even know what it means, i'm guessing it doesn't refer to a person.